Research & Development
Creating added value for our future
Our Research & Development team at VIOPOL is greatly concerned about the environment and global climate change. We have successfully developed and marketed polyurethane systems for all thermal applications according to EU F-Gas Regulation 517/2014 that demands phase-out of greenhouse gases.
We have created digital tools for the development of our formulations, through which the technical properties and performance of each product can be predicted and optimized.
- In our newly built facility, we have allocated a special place, specifically designed for the simulation of polyurethane foam manufacturing with equipment used by the industry and our customers.
- High-Pressure Krauss-Maffei machine with aluminum molds, to test PUR systems for pour-in-place applications.
- High-Pressure machine for testing of our polyurethane spray foams and polyurea spray coatings.
Foam specimens are tested by our fully equipped state-of-the-art laboratory, to ensure that products meet market requirements and customer specifications (thermal insulation, compression & tensile properties, fire resistance, dimensional stability, and so on).
Our products comply with the requirements of European legislation (CE certification and marking) according to the standards:
- EN 14315-1 Thermal insulating products for buildings. In-situ formed sprayed rigid polyurethane (PUR) foam products
- ΕΝ 1504-2 Surface protection systems for concrete
We cooperate with organizations and accredited laboratories in Europe and the USA, for a complete certification of our products. Indicatively:
- CEIS -Centro de ensayos, innovation y servicios (Spain)
- APPLUS – LGAI Technological Center S.A (Spain)
- KIWA GmbH Polymer Institut (Germany)
- IMA Materialforschung und Anwendungstechnik GmbH (Germany)
- CSI SpA Cerification & Testing (Italy)
- Innovhub Stazioni Sperimentali per l’IndustriaS.r.l (Italy)
- Surface Optics Corporation (USA)
with our own PU machines and moulds before presenting them in the market.
constant after-sales technical support and training by our experienced team.
with many accredited laboratories and certification organizations all over the world.