Research & Development
Creating added value for our future
Our Research & Development team at VIOPOL is greatly concerned about the environment and global climate change. We have successfully developed and marketed polyurethane systems for all thermal applications according to EU F-Gas Regulation 517/2014 that demands phase-out of greenhouse gases.
We have created digital tools for the development of our formulations, through which the technical properties and performance of each product can be predicted and optimized.
- In our newly built facility, we have allocated a special place, specifically designed for the simulation of polyurethane foam manufacturing with equipment used by the industry and our customers.
- High-Pressure Krauss-Maffei machine with aluminum molds, to test PUR systems for pour-in-place applications.
- High-Pressure machine for testing of our polyurethane spray foams and polyurea spray coatings.
Foam specimens are tested by our fully equipped state-of-the-art laboratory, to ensure that products meet market requirements and customer specifications (thermal insulation, compression & tensile properties, fire resistance, dimensional stability, and so on).
Our products comply with the requirements of European legislation (CE certification and marking) according to the standards:
- EN 14315-1 Thermal insulating products for buildings. In-situ formed sprayed rigid polyurethane (PUR) foam products
- ΕΝ 1504-2 Surface protection systems for concrete
We cooperate with organizations and accredited laboratories in Europe and the USA, for a complete certification of our products. Indicatively:
- CEIS -Centro de ensayos, innovation y servicios (Spain)
- APPLUS – LGAI Technological Center S.A (Spain)
- KIWA GmbH Polymer Institut (Germany)
- IMA Materialforschung und Anwendungstechnik GmbH (Germany)
- CSI SpA Cerification & Testing (Italy)
- Innovhub Stazioni Sperimentali per l’IndustriaS.r.l (Italy)
- Surface Optics Corporation (USA)
with our own PU machines and moulds before presenting them in the market.
constant after-sales technical support and training by our experienced team.
with many accredited laboratories and certification organizations all over the world.
Creating PURe value for our world
VIOPOL is one of the most dynamic and fast growing companies in the development and production of polyurethane systems.